We sure you’ve seen, YouTube displays related videos at the end of videos you have viewed. This can be useful, but this can also be problematic. Sometimes these related videos may promote a competitor or endorse something that you do not agree with. In this article, we will show you how to turn off related Youtube videos.
In fact it’s a simple setting that you can change right now to have YouTube stop showing random videos at the end of your videos.
1. Go to the video’s individual page on YouTube. For example to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thPGv760jxM
2. On the bottom of the video, click Share.
3. Once you click Share, a new area slides open underneath the video with a shortlink for sharing the video. It also presents an Embed button. Click that.
4. When you click Embed, another area opens up underneath that offers you the embed code, and also a number of options to allow you to customize the video’s appearance on your site. The first option is a checkbox that says “Show suggested videos when the video finishes.” Make sure that box is unchecked. If you look at the embed code, you’ll see that it adds a parameter after the video’s URL:
5. Copy the embed code and paste wherever you want the video to appear
BONUS: Here you’ll find a list of parameters that you can add to YouTube embed code to customize the player: https://developers.google.com/youtube/player_parameters